Thursday, January 24, 2013

Thank you Pinterest!

If you haven't been on Pinterest, you haven't lived. Period. End of story. Pinterest helped me plan almost every detail of my wedding and now that that's over, it helps me cook, clean and decorate our house. I had seen a project a couple of different times that I had been curious to try, so last Sunday I decided to give it a shot. Office stores like Office Depot or Staples sell what they call "engineering sized prints." Basically these are HUGE prints that you can get for like ZERO dollars. Seriously. I felt like I was stealing from them. The largest size you can get is a 3" x 4". I was looking for a large picture to go over our new fireplace, so we decided on one of our wedding pictures and I headed off to our local Staples to get it printed.

I selected a 2" x 3" and was so blown away by the quality of the print. You can only get them in black and white, but that totally wasn't a big deal to me. My next stop was over to home depot to pick up some foam board to mount the picture on. Pinterest instructed me to pick up a sheet of foam insulation and have it cut into the size you need. I pick up one piece of insulation and had a very helpful man cut it into 3 3" x 4" sections. The whole piece of foam cost about $10.00. I also grabbed some spray glue while I was there to use to glue the photo down. When I got home, I had Clint help me cut down one of the sheets of insulation to be the right size.

I love having a handy man around!

This is the part where I forgot to take pictures, and the part where I learned a tip that wasn't covered on pinterest. When gluing the picture down, I started on the left side and sprayed the glue in about five inch sections so that I could slowly lay the picture down and wouldn't get any nasty air bubbles. I continued to spray and lay until I reached the far right side. Then, we just had to flip the picture over, duck tape a piece of wire in a loop shape and it was ready to go! The only place where I will do something differently next time is that I will be sure to not spray the entire board in glue and just spray the outer areas. By spraying the entire board down, it warped slightly and now has a little bend to it, but I don't mind it right now. The picture looks BEAUTIFUL and all together only cost about $15.00 total! Such a steal!! 


Sorry about the yucky camera, but look at that beautiful picture!

Until next time!

Xoxo,

Clint & Kate


2 comments:

  1. It looks gorgeous!!!!!! I LOVE it!!!! Hope you 2 are settling in there in Georgia! I think about you often! :)

    ReplyDelete