Monday, January 7, 2013

Boxes, and paper, and junk! Oh my!

When December 31 finally rolled around, I woke up with a little more pep in my step. It was finally "officially" moving day. The movers who had taken our stuff over two weeks ago were finally set to arrive at our house with all of our stuff. We figured it would be a pretty quick process. We didn't really have that much stuff and not too much of it would need to be moved upstairs. Boy were we wrong! I am still sitting here wondering where the heck did all of this junk come from and how on earth did we store it all in our tiny apartment?! And then I start to have flashbacks of our guest room bursting at the seams and I push it all back into the back of my mind....so frightening.

Boxes piled to the ceiling in the formal living room
More boxes stacked to the ceiling in the guest bedroom
Overall, the unpacking process was fairly smooth with the only downside being the fact that it was still FREEZING in our house. But picking up boxes and moving furniture and all of the other activities throughout the day helped to keep the blood flowing. The number one thing we learned - the moving company didn't play around when it came to wrapping your fragile items.

The paper mountain begins
They must have killed an unbelievable amount of trees just to send us to Georgia! Such a waste. Not that I'm complaining that none of our stuff got broken. It was such a blessing to have my family down there to help us unpack. My mom is a master unpacker. She set to work straight away on the kitchen.

Before I knew it, it was slowly starting to resemble the kitchen that we had left behind in Peoria! My heart started to smile and I just felt that we were going to be very happy here. The first day of unpacking was very successful and we made a lot of progress. Clint kept especially busy as the paper smasher.


Please enjoy a few more photos of our brand new house in its very primitive state. I can't wait to start sharing new pictures with you as we make it feel more like a home!
Formal dining room looking into the formal living room
Master Bedroom

Living Room
Until next time!

Xoxo,

Clint & Kate

No comments:

Post a Comment