Sunday, January 13, 2013

New house = New Stuff

I am learning very early on, that marriage is truly all about compromise. It is about sometimes having to do things that you don't want to do in order to make sure that your spouse is happy. Don't get me wrong, there is nothing that makes me smile bigger and feel better then when I know Clint is happy. Which is exactly how I ended up with some new things that weren't exactly my first choice, but have already started to grow on me.

When we moved from the apartment, we did not have a washer and dryer. We know coming into the new house that this is something that we would need to purchase. Call me old school, but I was totally content with my top load washer and dryer with only a couple settings and none of those fancy platforms. However, apparently my husband was not so impressed with my squeaky ways. Long story short, we ended up picking out a new pair of front load appliances from Sears. I have to say, he was right. They are very nice and I finally feel like we've moved into the 21st century. 

Pretty new washer and dryer
The second compromise that I have made since being in the new house was one that did not go down so easily. We knew that we wanted to get a larger couch to put in the living so we could move the smaller couch out into the formal living room area where there wouldn't be as much traffic. As a woman, I thought that a couch, love seat and an overstuffed chair would look fabulous. My husband thought that we needed a sectional sofa with plenty of room, lots of recliners and maybe some cup holders. Such a typical man. Cue marital battle. We went to store after store after store and could not agree on one piece of furniture. Clint had fallen for a large dark suede sectional and I was lusting over a lighter burlap inspired couch and loveseat. Usually my husband is very flexible and easy going. But, not this time! It took me some time, but I finally decided that if it was that important to him that we get the couch that he liked, I would suck it up and buy it. And so we did. And as I type, I am reclining back on my comfy sectional wondering why on earth I don't listen to my husband more often. (Don't repeat that). Until next time!




Xoxo,

Clint & Kate

No comments:

Post a Comment