Monday, December 17, 2012

And So It Begins

 The mess move that is. When we were first told about the moving process with my company, it sounded like a dream come true. The movers show up, they box up all of your belongings, they pack it all up into the truck and then take it away to your new home. Simple, right? Only if you are my husband. What he slightly overlooked was the fact that drawers need to be cleaned out, closets need to be organized and all of our "junk" needed to be placed into categories for transportation. Now, under normal circumstances this may not seem like such a daunting task. However, we are currently living in a situation far, far, far from normal. With two bridal showers, a wedding and Christmas all upon us, we seem to have run out of room in our cozy little apartment. Our guest room has quickly transformed itself into a storage room. And when I say a storage room, I mean thethingthatgivesmenightmares room. Please see below for evidence that this is no exaggeration:
At one point this was a bedroom. And yes, that is a chair on the bed...like I said NIGHTMARES
I swear we are not hoarders. We have just finally gotten too much stuff in too small of space. So today I began tackling the beast. I had some goals that I wanted to accomplish. 1. Clean out the closets 2. Organize everything in our drawers 3. Start putting all of our stuff into piles 4. Try to figure out how to clear a path so you could at least semi-walk through the guestroom. The day really started off on a high note. I made a lot of progress with the closets and managed to get everything in both of our bathrooms cleaned up and organized into boxes, bins and baggies. But, the guestroom got the best of me. I found that all I was doing was moving items from the guestroom and setting them down in more public areas in the living room which was only giving me more anxiety then I originally had (not to mention the freak-out it was giving Sarabi). 

Our living room semi-normally
Living room after about two hours of "organizing"
Living room post guestroom destruction
Needless to say I ended the day feeling downtrodden and defeated. Instead of making our house easier for the movers to navigate, I think the only thing that I succeeded in doing today was making a maze for them to help them with a work out. I sunk onto the couch with my favorite little girl for some snuggles to feel better and I could instantly feel that she was exhausted as well. It had been a long day for the both of us. But then, just when I needed it the most, a text from the Hubs that said, "Babe, you are doing a wonderful job." Ahhhhh...all was right in the world again. He makes my heart smile. One more day of cleaning and packing, we are almost to the home stretch! I can't wait to share our big moving day with you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment